October 13, 2021
Something crazy happened while building 3.0.
As we programmed the entirely new website builder, the challenge of balancing power with ease was a towering hurdle to overcome. Through our amazing 3.0 Beta testers, we realized 3.0 could be streamlined to become the quick way to build a beautiful website yet retain 3.0 power. So we’re taking this from good to great, and it’s called 3+.
Mark saw the potential of this improved builder and without announcing it to anyone, not even our team, he combined key segments of 3.0 with his new vision to produce the new 3+ Website Builder. Because 3.0 provided an amazing foundation of code, those concepts have allowed us to now build 3+ in record time to get it into your hands next month, November 2021! With this beta release, we’ll be releasing the new podcast and blogging software for your website as well. We expect a full release in the first quarter of 2022.
What you told us you loved, like the ability to schedule section publishing and control mobile/desktop publishing, are still there. As you will soon see, they are easier to access, use, and build a beautiful responsive website.
For those who have sites built on 3.0, don’t worry! You can stay on 3.0 if you wish or we can help you migrate to 3+ since you have already done so much work. For those still on our current 2.0 websites, we know rebuilding a website can be a lot, so in 3+ we made migration of 2.0 sites a priority with new tools that can automatically copy much of your content for you.
Want a peek at 3+? Starting now, we’ll release a video every week showing you more about the new builder. To stay updated via text on 3+, just text the word 'Updates' to 208-314-0595. We’ll keep the weekly video brief and welcome your feedback.
There is so much more we could say, but we’ll let this week’s video handle the introduction. While there’s more to see, 3+ is still being assembled. We want to give you just a taste in this first short video, with more to come next week!
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your church/ministry!
September 23, 2021
Introducing our much-improved Button Builder for 3.0 Websites, giving you more control and less work (yes, please!). Take the Button Builder video tour to see the entire tool in action, but below are a few highlights of the selection you get:
- Create a button one time that can appear on multiple pages, so no more building a button every time for every page
- Enhanced layout editor in Web Builder gives clearer choices and look preview
- Keeps a list of created buttons, which can be edited later
- Saved changes in the editor will immediately show where button appears across entire website
- Change a button on an individual page to another created version, perhaps from Contact Us to Submit
You'll find it in the 3.0 Website Builder menu now.
September 21, 2021
Your 3.0 Website Builder now has an Alerts Tool to create and schedule alerts showing at the top of pages. You may choose if you want them to appear on single pages, multiple pages or your entire site.
Multiple alerts can run at the same time as you can see in the image above, and you can select priority order for each.
And the best part is you can schedule when they appear and disappear. This means you can schedule alerts for your entire year ahead of time and not have to worry about forgetting to post them in time, or leaving them too long past the event (like the church summer picnic reminder still showing in December).
Select colors, make it brief, or add more text to make it more informative. This attention-getting tool can be used in so many ways including:
- Church office closures for holidays
- Weather cancellations or changes
- Easter, Christmas, and other extra services
- Reminders of all kinds: VBS registration deadlines, annual church business meeting, special rehearsals
- Meeting or service location changes
It’s now available under the 3.0 Website Builder in the admin tool and be sure to check out the Alerts Demo page to see it in action.
September 01, 2021
Today we introduce a new section, Page Header 3. Here's why it's different:
- Allows two, up to five, images in the section which will fade one into the next.
- You can assign this section as the Default Header that will show at the top of other assigned pages automatically, so you don't have to recreate the same header for each individual page. This also allows you to customize headers per page.
- The section automatically updates the Page Title in both Preview and Live Mode.
Update! We have new Google Font options in Web Builder 3.0:
- Gives you now the 500 most popular Google fonts
- Now available when editing sections and section titles
- Fixed issue with some fonts not loading when selected.
August 17, 2021
We've added something new called Section Dividers in the 3.0 Website Builder. These can be used as a design touch between sections, and each section allows for color and other layout controls specific to each section.
Here are the first five:
- Curve Up
- Curve Down
- Triangle Shadow
And check out the preview page to get ideas how to use the Section Dividers. Look for more becoming available in the next few weeks.
August 12, 2021
If you're using YouTube to stream or record your sermons, our latest update to the Featured Video section in the 3.0 Website Builder is great news. This new section, Featured Video (Auto Update) will now auto update to your latest YouTube Video so you don't have to do the updating work.
The video title, date published, and link will automatically update each time you upload a new video to your YouTube account. To use, add the Featured Video (Auto Update) section to a page, and add your YouTube channel id in the section control. That's it!
Keep watching for more updates to 3.0 in the coming weeks. We're in the home stretch now.
July 22, 2021
Available now in the 3.0 Website Builder, and check out the walkthrough video to see how they work:
- FAQ2: a new FAQ style with rounded buttons
- Panel Boxes: displaying three images with text and linkable buttons
- 2Pic+ About: additional About section layout with 2 overlaid images and a text box
Stay tuned! We've got more sections in the pipeline due to arrive soon. If you'd like to see how the rest of the 3.0 Website Builder works, be sure to visit our video playlist.